Reviews - 2016
Outstanding service and compassionate care by Dr. Juriga and staff. Highly recommended for your pets veterinarian needs.
Don S, Crown Point
Dr. Weaver is a pleasure to deal with.
Carol J, Oswego
Dr Weaver is great
Allways impressed with Dr Juriga will continue to use clinic and recommend to friends
Ruth H, Bolingbrook
Always a pleasure.
The technician and doctors are always helpful in explaining and making sure we understand the next steps.
Tracy N, Plainfield
I've been using the clinic for my pets for decades. The staff is always so friendly and helpful plus everyone there is knowledgeable and provide excellent care for the pets. I recommend them highly.
Todd M, Aurora
Dr. Weaver is great with my dog and helpful, Thank you very much
Pat R, Montgomery
Excellent experience. Dr. Pocius is very sweet and answers all my questions and is very thorough with her exams. Dr. Beyers was also very helpful and knowledgable. Always feel very welcome and everybody is very friendly.
Linda H, Oswego
I stopped in to pick up more Sentinel and was able to get my dog's influenza booster, spur of the moment. Helpful, friendly staff is appreciated!
Connie D, Oswego
Dr. Weaver is an excellent, caring vet! She takes her time and fully answers questions. Highly recommend her as a vet!
Karen K, Oswego
Always a friendly, informative and professional experience. Thank you for taking such great care of our pooches!!
Michele P, Oswego
Always pleased with services supplied and this appt was not different! Great place to bring my fuzzy relative!
William D, Plano
The staff seem to all care about my cat. I always feel like they are doing their best job to ensure his care.
Kerry G, Aurora
Friendly and professional service.
Nancy O, Oswego
The staff and Doctor were very kind and patient to explain everything to me regarding my kitten's treatment! Fist class care all the way!
Cynthia S, Naperville
First time meeting Dr. Pocius, knowledgeable, straightforward. My experiences at River Heights have always been positive.
Donna S, Oswego
I needed to have my two cats boarded while I recovered from surgery. I was able to focus on my health because I knew the cats were well cared-for.
Wonderful staff and Drs. My dogs love coming in!
Dr. Juriga and his staff are the best!!!!!!!!!
Patricia H, Norridge
Was a very good experience. Staff very friendly.
Wendy M, Yorkville
I was referred to River Heights Veterinary hospital two years ago, by a fellow agility competitor, when I acquired a puppy that developed a lanced canine. I was in need of a veterinary dentist/oral surgery specialist and Dr. Juriga, Verna and Laura exceeded all expectations. The process and treatment plan were thoroughly explained and someone was always available via phone or email to address any questions or concerns that I had. Fast forward one year...I am back again seeking treatment for a four month old, cleft palate puppy that I have been taking care of since birth. Her case is complex and River Heights is once again going "above and beyond" to provide her with the best treatment plan possible. I would highly recommend River Heights Veterinary Hospital for both routine and specialized Veterinary care.....
Debbie T, Itasca
Duke's records are up to date; appointment was easy and on time. Duke was handled well. Services recommended were discussed and performed. The visit was moderately expensive but largely due to injections, lab tests and heart worm medications rather than professional time. For a year's checkup on an older dog-not bad.
John W, Aurora
Very nice, talked things through. Helped with decisions. Listened to our requests and let us do what we had hoped.
Friendly tech for labs. Did not take a long time, which means she found the vein quickly for the blood work. Front staff very attentive to my dog who came along for the ride.
Linda H, Oswego
As always, the customer service was excellent!! The staff always greets you as you walk in the door. Jan did an awesome job grooming Abby.( as usual) I may be a bit partial as I have been coming to River Heights for I think over 30 years. Everyone is always friendly and they treat Abby so good. Thanks for the great care you give!!
Jan W, Montgomery
DR POCIOUS AND STAFF ALWAYS REVIEWS AND ADDRESSES EACH OF CONCERNS ABOUT MY DOG AND FOLLOWS UP IN WEEK FOLLOWING EXAM.
Very friendly. Knowledgeable. Cat friendly.
Kathy T, Oswego
My dog came in for a grooming appointment and wound up in distress. Jan acted as a professional and informed Dr. Mayer of the situation. Princess had a temperature of 106.9 and her tongue turned blue. If it wasn't for the quick action of your staff, I would have lost my precious dog. Thank you so much for everything.!
The staff and the service that they provide is exceptional! I can not say enough about River Heights Veterinary Hospital! They are the best!
Judy B, Montgomery
Dr. Mayer does a great job working with our very anxious dog.
Natalie M, Yorkville
this was my first time here with my new pup ,The place seemed very clean and the staff seemed very helpful.I will be coming back for follow up visit and hope those visits will be as satisfying as the first.
Geri Lynn J, Yorkville
Dr. Pocious examined Comet and she found an ear problem, but gave me the medicine to clear it up. I like her as Comet's doctor and would like to have her take care of him all the time.
John F, Aurora
All the doctors are kind and loving to the animals. They rake time with each animal.
Carolyn T, Oswego
staff was informative, very nice, and knowledgeable
Tina K, Frankfort
Friendly staff and doctor. The hospital is top notch, very clean and modern.
Anna R, Chicago
We have so much faith in Dr. Pocius. She is great and has been a blessing to our pets. Very knowledgable, understanding and compassionate.
David W, Aurora
Jan does a terrific job and always so helpful and friendly!!!
John M, Aurora
The whole staff was friendly helpful just a fantastic experience
Sharon L, Oswego
Molly's nails were done in less than 5 min. She came home not stress--Good Job..... Thank you
Robin B, Oswego
Just picked up a prescription. Thank you.
John H, Montgomery
As always the staff could not be more courteous or helpful, and everybody there genuinely cares!
Timothy M, Montgomery
Staff was so nice and so caring towards my pet. I was completely at ease and felt like I couldn't have left her with better people.
Samie and Sadie (10 year dogs) felt very comfortable with Dr. Juriga. Dr. Juriga sat on the floor and examined both of them and actually talked to them which made them feel less stressed. He explained to us in detail what Samie's and Sadie's dental issues are. We feel very comfortable with Dr. Juriga and his staff.
fran and mannyp, Bridgeview
I feel that our pets are getting great care.
Karen R, Oswego
Our dog is very, very anxious whenever we come to River Heights. She is a rescue, and though she has adapted quite well to life at our home, something in her past has not allowed her to get comfortable with going to the vet clinic. As she ages, it gets worse. The Dr. and the assistant were very accommodating to make sure we were all comfortable with all the processes of the checkup and the nail.
They treat all the animals like they are their own.
Wendy E, Aurora
First consultation was well done and detail oriented. I felt very comfortable with the options presented, the reasons for them, and the potential costs. Doctor listened to all my questions and stayed as long as needed to help me feel comfortable.
David S, Plainfield
Great Customer Service . Fast response, friendly.
Melissa and Rob C, Montgomery
Love everyone there!!!!
Mike & Tina P, Oswego
My initial contact was by telephone with Doctor Juriga. He explained everything before we had our appointment so when we arrived at the clinic, we needed only to ask a few questions and our dog was on his way to surgery. Everyone from the front reception desk to all the medical staff were very caring and put our mind at ease. We would highly recommend River Heights to any one that needed a veterinary specialist.
Elaine R, Aurora
Our dog needed her annual screening for heartworm. We were warmly welcomed, the dog was seen quickly for the blood test, and I was given the option to stay for results (8 minutes) or they would call me if I wanted to leave. I waited as the reception area is clean and comfortable.
Mary D, Yorkville
This is a great place to take your pet. They are very caring.
Always a good experience. Max us treated with such care. We know he is always in good hands.
Jan C, Oswego
Very nice as always
Marilyn L, Montgomery
EVERYONE IS VERY KIND AND THOUGHTFUL
Bonnie J, Aurora
I'm a professor of communication at a major university, so here is my professional assessment of my experience at the River Heights Veterinary Hospital:
Mary Beth O, Crete
- Upon arrival, the staff was friendly and courteous. They gave me accurate information in a professional manner.
- The hospital's reception area is clean, tastefully decorated and hospitable. They offer free beverages and the flat screen television located in a corner of the room was not too loud. The staff changed the channel for me when I asked and let me pick the station. The couches are comfortable and it is a calm and relaxing environment. The ceiling has several large windows that let in natural light. The bathroom is very clean and smells like a hint of pine trees. The exam rooms are comfortable and have a homey feel.
- Dr. Juriga was gentle, professional and practiced competent communication skills. He carefully explained what to expect, he treated me as if I was an important part of the team that was caring for my dog, he understood my financial situation and gave me advice that was both practical and in my dog's best interest. He carefully listened to my questions and patiently answered them without using terminology that was difficult to understand. He never made me feel rushed, like I was keeping him from something important. My dog, who is generally mistrustful of men, was surprisingly comfortable with him examining her mouth. By the end of the initial examination, I had total trust in him and felt confident that my beautiful dog was in the best of care.
- My dog ended up having 4 teeth removed, so before the procedure she needed a pre-op injection. A staff member took my dog from the exam room to another room for the injection and then brought her back to me so that I could stay with her until they were ready to do the surgery. I was happy to privately spend time with her and relieved that she wouldn't be scared and stuck in some cage waiting for the procedure.
- While my dog was recovering from the surgery, a staff member went over specific aftercare instructions. I was impressed with the detail, especially with the photos they provided of the "before" and "after" pictures of my dog's teeth, including X-rays with arrows pointing to the problem areas.
- When my dog was ready to go home, I paid the bill with a credit card. I was content with the explanation of charges, which were provided to me before the surgery, and thought it was an appropriate and fair price.
- The day following the surgery, a staff member called to see how my dog was recovering. I'm happy to report that 4 days later she now seems back to her old self, which I'm sure was aided by the pain killers they provided.
The staff and the Doctor are exceptional all the time!!!
Excellent place , excellent service, will always take my pets here !
Dr. Poaches thoroughally explained surgery for fatty globuals and is very good with my dog. The lab assistant was good with Maverick while he was being examined. Maverick is very hyper when he is at the vets and everyone tolerates his behavior.
Great vet and staff!
Even though they had three emergencies on the morning of our appointment, they got us in to see the doctor fairly quickly. As always, the doctor was friendly, knowledgeable, and gave us great advice regarding how to effectively take care of our new pet. The staff is always very friendly and helpful, and this appointment was no exception.
Ken L, Oswego
I was able to pickup special diet for our dog without any problems even though the staff was very busy.
Everyone acted very professionally!
Tom E, Carol Stream
The best staff and vets.